Right turn indicator problem

• There was some discussion and useful information about turn indicators in my "It´s alive topic". However I would like to open a new topic about the turn indicators because I haven´t been able to trace the fault, and the electrics in this bike are tricky indeed.

The hazard and the left turn signal are working fine. The right turn signal blinks 3 or 4 times and then the left signal starts to blink erratically with it. It seems to get worse when the bike is hot. All other lights and electrics are working fine.

Here is a thing I find odd. When I switch on the left hand indicator I hear a loud „click clack-click clack“ sound but when I switch on the right hand indicator I also hear a loud „click clack“ sound, but the strange thing is that it sounds different, almost as if it´s not coming from the same component!

• Hi there.
    I had a similar issue afther passing over a hole (also bent front rim), only lefth ligths were working.
    I changed the flasher relay unit and problem was solved. Then dismantled de old flasher, and yes there are a few circuits (its like another onboard computer) but also two samall relays, all contacs were fine but found a cuople of cracked weldings so one of the relays was "loose". Afther repairing the weldings, tested the unit and worked fine.
    Hope this help.
    Best regards
    JAP

• Thanks Jap I´ll take a close look at this.

Update: Got a used flasher relay for 20 Pounds, stuck it in and everything is working fine now. Next step is to put the fairing on. Going for a 10 days MC tour in July. Probably go on my K75RT!
    :freu:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!