K1100 rs drive shaft

• Here is a bit of info to throw out there,I bought this bike a year ago with 35000 mile and this year changed the 2 bearings on the paralever as one was bad I then greased the spline,when I took the shaft apart I never marked the u-joints so I had to line them up by feel.Now I always thought the bike was hard to move around in neautral before this operation,so when I had it all together the first thing I noticed how easy it was to push,could it have been the person who had the shaft apart before me never aligned it,I have read online that it never mattered,but that is all I did,any thoughts !
    Ray

• To grease all moving parts in the drive train does wonders on it´s own. Makes shifting and moving the bike around much easyer.
    :thumbup:

• I think you are referring to "Phasing " the drive shaft and yes it does matter. If the shaft is out of phase you will not notice it by pushing the bike but eventually it will grenade the drive shaft universal joints. Search "driveshaft Phasing" to better understand it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!