Height of centre stand K100/K1100

• Fitted a new rear shock, the RAM one, great stuff! In the process a question came up; is there a difference in height between the K100 and the K1100 centre stand? I understand that the frame for both types is the same and I thought the FD is as well. This would then mean that geometry wise the K1100 is higher, but its centre stand need to be as well as the rear wheel is pushed further from the frame. (am I still making sense?). Reason for the question is that I ordered a longer shock (the 1100 version instead of the 100) to have the bike better fit my frame (6'5"/195cm). Height is great, shock works like a charm, but with the bike on the centre stand the rear wheel touches the ground. Not heavy, just about. I wonder if fitting an 1100 centre stand would fix this. Appreciate your info! Thanks.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• So that the rear wheel is even lower.

Edit: Height at the turning point K1100 Center stands about 27cm, about 29cm K100

I can not speak English, which comes from the Google translator, sorry.

• Hi Mischa, danke schoen! You can reply in German, no worries, but my writing is awful!! :D

Do I understand you correctly that with the bike on the stand the distance of stand axle to ground is 2cm lower with the K1100 compared to the K100? If so, I need to rethink.........

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Yes, the main stand of the 1100s is 2 cm deep. I have now checked in my garage, had mounted the 11er and the 100 center stand in the matter are, are about 2 cm difference. The nice thing is that the 100 does with the 11 main stand much easier jack up.

• Dear Rene,

I can also confirm that the center stand of K1100 is a little bit longer. I changed from standard to K1100 on my K100 and in the end its higher on center stand. But I cannot confirm that jacking up is easier this way as my feeling is that I need more power. Anyhow it seems to stand more secure on this K1100stand and this the reason for my change.

For your rear shock please note that the longer rear shock also means that the suspension movement is different, especially in negative direction. This influences cardan-shaft angle and might lead to damages of the cardan! I do not regard this as a good idea to do so although it might be more comfortable. Its better to change the seat height itself at the seat to reach your target. Anyhow, a new and good working rear shock is always a peasure to ride, but this is not depending on K1100-type or not.

best regards

Bernhard

• Zitat von "flobento"

But I cannot confirm that jacking up is easier this way as my feeling is that I need more power. Anyhow it seems to stand more secure on this K1100stand and this the reason for my change.

Echt nicht? Ich hab beim ersten Versuch die K-leine fast bis an die Decke geschmissen, so leicht ging das im Vergleich zu vorher.
    Und gewechselt hab ich, weil der 100er Ständer gebrochen ist beim aufbocken, war echt Mist.

• Dieses Thema enthält 6 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!