K75C USA vs European rear drum brake shoes...25vs23mm?

• I bought a set of rear drum brake shoes for my USA spec 1986 K75c from the UK..good price, but when they arrived I noticed they are part # 863 size 200x23mm. My bike is listed on the EBC USA site as taking part # 861 size 200x25mm.

Did the USA bikes use a different size brake shoe (25mm wide?).

Could I use the 23mm wide set? I guess after this wears the drum I would have to use 23mm shoes forever?

Not sure that is a problem as I get 80,000 miles on rear shoes and I have 133,000 miles on the bike. That and the fact that I am 63years old....."Forever" is in sight!!!!!

• Hi,

I checked the BMW-catalogue but I could not find any hint to the 23 or 25mm. In fact there are min. 2 types of rear brake pads, one can also be fitted on several 2 valve Boxers and the other one obviously not, differences remain unclear.

I have a reserve set which has also 25mm dedicated to be applied on a 2 valve Boxer but this also fits on my K75. So maybe someone mixed the boxer version with original K75 or so.

As fare as you have some originla BMW-numbers I could check but based on these curious EBC numbers no chance.

br

Bernhard

• The correct BMW part for Brake shoes would be 34212310523...25mm shoes, springs etc... This does fit R100 type airheads from 09/1980
    as well.

This is from a USA BMW spec. site. I just wonder what bike used the 23mm shoes. I don't even see them on the
    USA EBC catalog or USA BMW catalog..only the European listings.

• All Flattwins and K75 with alloywheels/rear drumbrake since 1974 (exept R45/65 double-swingarm, the "small cows") use the same shoes, with the BMW part no. you wrote.

Grüsse ausm Fränggischen
    vom
    Traktor

Mitglied seit Anfang an
    "Wenn du glaubst alles unter Kontrolle zu haben fährst du zu langsam"

Frankentreffen 2024 steigt vom 13. - 15. September, wie immer in Colmberg

• Zitat von "traktor_RH"

All Flattwins and K75 with alloywheels/rear drumbrake since 1974 (exept R45/65 double-swingarm, the "small cows") use the same shoes, with the BMW part no. you wrote.

Right.... But this EBC #863 is in their catalog...page 365 of this PDF <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/2010-UK-MC-Catalogue.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/2010-UK ... alogue.pdf</a><!-- m -->

as: 863 "K75/K75S 84-08/88 Rear" This is the 23mm Shoes I have.. I do note that NO BMW part number is listed for this shoe.

The # 861 shows the BMW part number I gave earlier, and it is a proper 25mm shoe like the OEM shoe.

I guess I will get the 25mm shoes and sell these on Ebay.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!