BMW K100 RS, length of the throttle cable

• Hi Edi,
    if you got a VIN No. of the bike, it would maybe easier to tell someting about the lengh.

BTW : a short introduce would be nice - it´s state of the art in the german forum culture :D

Cheers !

- The knight of the swabian highlands :D

"Es war mir immer ein unerträglicher Gedanke, es könne jemand bei der Prüfung eines meiner Erzeugnisse nachweisen, dass ich irgendwie Minderwertiges leiste. Deshalb habe ich stets versucht, nur Arbeit hinauszugeben, die jeder sachlichen Prüfung standhielt, also sozusagen vom Besten das Beste war." (Robert Bosch, 1918)

• if you got a VIN No.

Yes I have - 0018982K100RS

BTW : a short introduce would be nice - it´s state of the art in the german forum culture :D

Sorry.
    My name is Edmund. On my clock I can see 46 years. I have a wife and two kids. I am from Hrubieszow / Poland. It is small city near Ukrainian border. I have my BMW K100RS from 10 years. During this time, I traveled 40,000 km on my motorcycle. Farthest to the west I was in Normandy (alone), the farthest south - Pitesti / Romania (with my son), the farthest north - Nordkapp / Norway (with a friend). The longest trip in one day - 1500km / 15.5h from Holland to home (alone). The longest-lasting trip - Normandy 11 days. I have been in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, France, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Norway and Sweden. On my BMW K100RS, of course. Plans - I would like to see Trollstigen in Norway next year.

• Hi Edmund, no problem. ^^

I was thinking about your problem.
    As far as I can see you can use both cables. The difference are only 3 cm. My though is to buy the longer one - because "to long" is better than "to short".
    Better way - measure the old one. By removing the cable (exact) or, if possible, with a thread along the cable.

Just my 2 ct.

WOW - you made a long way with the bike ... :thumpup:

Hey Leute : was meint Ihr ? Kann man beide Gaszüge bei der K100 einbauen ? Die 3cm dürften eigentlich nix machen - oder haben die andere Nippel ? Wenn ich das richtig gesehen habe sind wohl beide,
    bis auf die Länge, gleich ?

"Es war mir immer ein unerträglicher Gedanke, es könne jemand bei der Prüfung eines meiner Erzeugnisse nachweisen, dass ich irgendwie Minderwertiges leiste. Deshalb habe ich stets versucht, nur Arbeit hinauszugeben, die jeder sachlichen Prüfung standhielt, also sozusagen vom Besten das Beste war." (Robert Bosch, 1918)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!