K100 the fuel pump is not working

• Hello
    I have a serious problem with my BMW K100 RS , VIN 0018982K100RS. The fuel pump does not start when the ignition is switched on.

The first thing I did was check the fuses.

Turned out, that the second fuse is damaged counting from the bottom - 7,5A. I replaced the fuse

The pump is OK - after applying the external power supply it works.

The relay through which the pump is powered is not activated. After
    switching on the ignition, the relay does not "click". The relay itself
    seems to be functional, a characteristic "click" is heard when the
    external power supply is given.

I replaced the ignition module, the one installed under the fuel tank, in the front part. Nothing has changed that.

Starter, spark on the the spark plug, indicators on the meter - work normally

After many tests it turned out that there is no minus from ignition control unit on the fuel injection relay.
    At terminal number 86 fuel injection relay after switching on the ignition 12V (up to ground) appears, but there is no minus at terminal number 85. After switching the ignition on terminals 85 - 86 the voltage is about 0.1V, it is not enough for the contactor to close the contacts.

The cable from the terminals 7 ignition control unit to the terminals 85 fuel injection relay is not interrupted.

If I cut the cable and connect terminals 85 fuel injection relay permanently to ground, everything works normally. After switching on the ignition - the fuel pump starts working, I turn off the ignition - the pump stops working.The engine starts without a problem.

Can I leave it like that?
    Is this something threatening?
    What is the reason - Why the ground to the terminals 85 fuel injection relay comes from the ignition control unit?

One more question.
    When should the fuel pump switch on?
    a) after switching on the ignition
    b) after switching on the ignition and pressing the starter button?

Thank you very much for the hints.

regards
    Edi

• Translation of Edis posting!
    - Hier die Übersetzung , Mit der Bitte um Hilfe:

Danke Euch!
    -------------------------------------

Hallo
    Ich habe ein ernsthaftes Problem mit meinem BMW K100 RS, VIN 0018982K100RS. Die Kraftstoffpumpe startet nicht, wenn die Zündung eingeschaltet ist.

Das erste, was ich tat, war, die Sicherungen zu überprüfen.

Es stellte sich heraus, dass die zweite Sicherung von unten-7,5A beschädigt ist. Ich habe die Sicherung ersetzt

Die Pumpe ist in Ordnung-nach dem Auftragen (überbrücken) der externen Stromversorgung funktioniert sie.

Das Relais, durch das die Pumpe angetrieben wird, wird nicht aktiviert. nach
    Schalten Sie die Zündung ein, das Relais nicht "klicken ". Die Staffel selbst
    Scheint funktionstüchtig, ein charakteristisches "Klick " ist zu hören, wenn die
    Die externe (überbrückte). Stromversorgung ist gegeben.

Ich habe das Zündmodul, das unter dem Kraftstofftank installiert ist, im vorderen Teil ersetzt. Daran hat sich nichts geändert.

Starter, Funke auf der Zündkerze, Indikatoren auf dem Zähler-normal arbeiten

Nach vielen Tests stellte sich heraus, dass es kein Minus von der Zündsteuerung am Einspritzrelais gibt.
    Am Terminal Nummer 86 kommt die Einspritzrelais nach dem Einschalten der Zündung 12V (bis zum Boden) auf, am Terminal Nummer 85 gibt es aber kein Minus. Nach dem Umschalten der Zündung an den Terminals 85-86 beträgt die Spannung etwa 0,1V, es reicht dem Schützen nicht, die Kontakte zu schließen.

Das Kabel von den Terminals 7 Zündsteuerung zu den Terminals 85 Kraftstoffeinspritzrelais wird nicht unterbrochen.

Wenn ich das Kabel schneide und die Klemmen 85 Einspritzrelais dauerhaft auf den Boden schließe, funktioniert alles normal. Nach dem Einschalten der Zündung-die Kraftstoffpumpe beginnt zu arbeiten, schalte ich die Zündung aus-die Pumpe hört auf zu arbeiten. Der Motor startet problemlos.

Kann ich das so lassen?
    Ist das bedrohlich?
    Was ist der Grund-Warum kommt keine
    Masse zu den Terminals 85 Kraftstoffeinspritzrelais aus der Zündsteuerung?

Noch eine Frage.
    Wann soll die Kraftstoffpumpe einschalten?
    A) nach dem Einschalten der Zündung
    b) nach dem Einschalten der Zündung und dem Drücken der Startertaste?

Vielen Dank für die Hinweise.

Viele Grüße
    Edi
    ----------------------------------------
    If necessary I ll be glad to translate answers/questions from/into English/German!
    Übersetze gerne Fragen/Antworten von/ins Englische!

-------------------------------------------

Hi Edi,

Fuel pump should be heard after u turn the ignition key!

I dunno really well about electric!!!
    My '88 k100, it has a electric plug connection under the fuel tank,
    This plug sometimes has connection problems!
    Another problem could be, earth/ground connection fails to frame or engine!
    Try that first, if u ve still problems, keep posting
    the guys & gals here ll help u solve it!

Best of luck,
    Greetings from Japan,
    Oliver

Our epoch is a time of tragic collision between matter and spirit and of the downfall of the purely material world view.
    Wassily Kandinsky

Simple, simple, simple.
    Empty space is the most beautiful thing !!!!!!!!!!
    Josef Albers

Genius is the error in the system.
    Paul Klee

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 517894 ()

• Moin zusammen!

Ich schieb es nochmal hoch!
    Vielleicht kannnjs noch jemand antworten der Ahnung von Elektrik hat!
    Danke & Grüße ins Forum!

Hi!

Just move it up, again!

Our epoch is a time of tragic collision between matter and spirit and of the downfall of the purely material world view.
    Wassily Kandinsky

Simple, simple, simple.
    Empty space is the most beautiful thing !!!!!!!!!!
    Josef Albers

Genius is the error in the system.
    Paul Klee

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!