Adding Lambda (Oxygen) sensor to K1100 RS

• Hello!

My 1996 K1100RS does not have a Lambda sensor. Recently, sensors are relatively cheep and available. The question is, what should be added or modified to enable Motronic 2.2 to work with Lambda sensor?

Best regards

• Zitat von "PeterKR"

Hi Rafal
    I dont now how you need a Lambdasensor without a Katalysator ;)

To provide to me and ECU information about correct fuel to air mixture ratio. It helps a lot in case of replacing fuel injectors. ECU will set up correct injection time in adaptive mode .

Zitat

The next Problem is that the Lambdasensor is behind the Kat!!

That is not exactly true. An all the engines that I have seen in my short live, both car and motorcycle, the sensor was before catalytic converter.
    The main role of lambda sensor is to ensure 14,7:1 air/fuel ratio which is optimal for catalytic converter to work efficiently.
    More about digital ECU systems
    Best regards,

• On the K Models is the Sensor behind the cat ;) its true

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Kat1.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

I think you need this ;) <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.powercommander.com/powercomm ... fault.aspx</a><!-- m -->

• Zitat von "PeterKR"

On the K Models is the Sensor behind the cat ;) its true

I don't beleive my eyes :shock::shock::shock:
    Lambdaprobe is behind!

I have seen exhaust systems of BMW cars without lambda control and there were similar parts inside. As I remember these were 2-component katalisators, wich do not fight against CO (carbon oxide). Real 3-component katalisator which needs lambdaprobe is twice or more longer...

I've never opened exhaust systems of K-bikes, but maybe there is one more "honeycomb" structure after lambda? Or else I have no idea what for lambdaprobe is installed :question: :question: :oops:

• Since it measures O2, it is indifferent to it's position upstream or downstream of the cat. The cat has no effect on O2 in the exhaust stream. The cat only affects HC, CO and NOx. O2 is used to measure air/fuel mixture and it can indicate an exhaust leak if it is too high.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!