Wire wheels on K1100

• Yipppeeee - see I'm NOT stupid [ Ajays, JBW and others ], 3 days later and with 3 broken meeces lying around my office - I found it. :roll:

Nice one those in charge - :thumbup::thumbup: looks good, just got to find my way around.

OK - here's the question. I want to fit wire spoked wheels into my K1100 Cafe Racer project. :shock:

I want to do an homage to my old 60's Cafe Racers - and although the tank is completely wrong - I can get the rest of the bits right. Tank is being polished as we speak, so at least it will be alloy - as in the 60's.
    I've got Clip-Ons, rear sets, chrome headlamp / brackets and I've just located two Zephyr chrome instrument pods - I've even found a Goldie silencer to go on the Keihan 4>1 collector! :thumbup:

However - all that said, it will ONLY look right [ IMO] with wire spoked alloy rimmed wheels - preferably centre laced. :cool:

I've managed to get hold of R1100S wobbly 5 spoker wheels for my Streetfighter, so with any luck that will be on the road in the Spring.

• Can't help with the question, but I can tell you not to speak too soon... see if you can find the map and how to place your position on it :)

Just kidding, I think that this forum is much better :)

• Uwe,

more than happy to share pix as I progress. The Streetfighter will be completed first as it's nearly there. :cool:
    However, along the journey [ started with k100RS ] a couple of K1100RS' came along.
    So now - I will complete the original K100 with the "prototype" parts - GRP panels, seat, upswept exhaust and 3 spokers from my K1100RS - and then build a "canines cajones" Streetfighter [ K1100RS based ] with all the good bits. That is - R1100S 5 spoke wheels, new underseat exhaust from Keihan and what I learned from the first 3! ;)

The Cafe Racer will be based on either my spare K1100RS chassis, or a mint K100RS complete bike - not sure.

• Dieses Thema enthält 27 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!