Looking for BMW Factory Tool Documentation

• Greetings, everyone! I am new to this board and must say how very impressed I've been with the quality of the postings in the forums. This looks like the site for me! I live in Seattle, Washington in the US and have recently purchased my first BMW ever: a 1994 K75S. I really like riding and working on this bike. I was a Yamaha mechanic for years and never saw technology like this before. I'm also a tool-addict, so please bear with me for my first post.

I have recently acquired some original BMW factory tools (see images in attached PDF file.) I am having a hard time finding documentation that describes how the tools work, or any diagnostic procedures that require these tools. The only things I've found so far are a French document that describes using the tools to diagnose a Motronic 2.2 system, and some other bits and pieces around the web. I haven't found anything about diagnosing LE-Jetronic with these tools and that's my primary objective.

I have figured out how to use many features of these tools on my own and now I can say I'm especially fond of the switch box. The cables allow me to connect between the ignition module and the wire harness or to the fuel injection ECU socket and the wiring harness. This lets me take voltage and resistance measurements on any/all pinouts with ease. I can even hook up a scope. (Sidebar: The scope connections on the switch box would obviously only work with ignition primaries. I have just ordered a probe that will allow ignition secondary signals to be read on a regular oscilloscope as well. It provides a 10,000X attenuation with an induction plate. This will work great on my old Tektronix analog scope.)

As far as the multi-tester goes, it seems to have a lot of functions all built into one single handheld unit. Some of the functions include: dwell angle, ignition timing (including a built in strobe light!!), resistance, volts, RPMs, code storage, and reading codes from ECUs, including fuel injection and ABS ECUs. I'm assuming you can reset/clear the codes as well. This is all done using the auxiliary module (61 0 600). I just can't find any documentation that tells me how to do it!

These are some really handy tools and I'm anxious to learn more about them. Do any of you know anything about these tools? Do you know where I might find any documentation? I have several feeler emails out to BMW technicians all over the US who say they may have some documents in their personal stashes that can help. Particularly, I'm aware of these 2 documents, but can't locate any copies:

Document 01 71 9 798 811 (I believe this contains an ABS diagnostics procedure)
    Document 01 71 9 789 901 (I believe this is the English version of Motronic diagnostics procedure for the K1100 that I found, but is written in French)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Ty

'94 K75S
    '01 330i
    '01 325Xi

• Zitat von "Erik_NL"

Hi Ty,

nice introduction!
    :welco

Forum-expert <Themason> knows what he's talking about with regard to your request, so I'd better leave this up to him.

"Forum expert" ! :o Oh boy. I hate to disappoint but that breakout box is new to me. See our discussion on another thread. Electrical is my weak point. Where is our friend Pezi when we need him? :?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!