Mine K1100RS dyno run

• Hello!
    Thanks to Matt's initiative a was able to make a dyno run of 1995 K1100RS.
    Here is the plot:
    [Blocked Image: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_x23a0mqH3hU/TZlYOXgSucI/AAAAAAAAChE/C-uk-YjNELM/s144/hamownia_BMWK1100RS.jpg%22%20height=%22400%22%20width=%22254%22]

Too sum up: 95,4 BPH @8000 on clutch and 92,8 Nm @ 5970 . Quite well for almost 100 000 Km and over 15 years old engine.
    One thing that make me not sleep well is torque loss, ~ 14 Nm loss, and poor result on fumes probe -> problems with combustion -> valve clearance, valve burn out or compression problem. The investigation is ongoing ;).

And just for amusement the video (the guy on the bike is the Matt ;) )

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best regards,

• 82.3 "wheel horsepower" looks good. My somewhat modified K-100 puts 72.5 horses to the rear wheel, and it is considered to be strong for what it is. A K-1100 ought to have ten more ponies than an old two valve K-100.
    What would be more interesting are the results of a compression check and a leakdown check. My bet is that your engine is tight, maybe 2% leakdown if that. 100K miles is nothing on these engines. 100K kilometers, heck that is barely broken in. You should have no wear to mention at such a low mileage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!