Clutch seal tool

• Hello!

I am looking for a tool used to press the real shaft output seal - clutch seal. I've looked through PDF guide available on FB tech pages, there is a remark, that seal should be 0,5 mm above engine surface - that's why I need tool. On other hand after I had removed a clutch, I've saw that there is a kind of metal ring on top of the seal. The new seal is "pure rubber", can anyone tell me if that is OK?

Best regards,

• Hello!
    Than you for tool drawing, I will make one on my own.
    There is more important issue. After removing the clutch housing I have found something unknown to me:
    [Blockierte Grafik: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_x23a0mqH3hU/Tay33WsG8sI/AAAAAAAACis/N4Wwy-fAmuE/s576/Clutch_seal_close_up.JPG]
    The translation of "trocken montierer" is "dry assemblers" (Google trans.). The metal part and it's orgin and purpose is unknown to me. I have not meet such item in any manual: Haynes, Clymer, BMW or Fling Brick guide to change clutch seal in K1100.
    Please help me and tell should I reinstall it, and how?

Best regards

• I think all that it means is to not lubricate the seal when you reinstall the basket so that the seal can "seat" itself dry, against the basket stub that slides onto the splines.
    The metal part is part of the seal that will come out, it is not reusable.
    The new seal may or mostlikely not be the same type of exposed metal but more likely to have a coating on it.

• interesting, the ones you show there in the 2nd pic look like what I put in mine last year, I didn't soak it. I just put it in dry, made sure not to seat it flush(like .5mm) hasn't leaked yet. probably 10K miles on it since installation.
    YMMV.

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!