K100 vs K1100 suspensions

• One question is puzzling me and maybe someone around here can help me out.

I all tests I've read about the K1100 bike, it's stated that both front and back suspensions are new and much better; yet when I look at them they look to be exactly the same and when checking the ETK program, the part numbers are also the same..... are there any real diferences or was it just the Marketing boys back in Munique doing their job?

• K 100 16V & K1100 are almost the same
    the general change was from K100 2V -> 16V Models

but there are several different typs of front forks on the market

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• bruno, as zoneneile said....2V Models had diffferent forks and rear shocks, then wih the paralever in ther rear, (4V Models) the suspension front and rear were changed and improved...at a later time on the 4V models the front fork again had a change with no evident improvement but a mor complicated way to take it apart and put it back together again :D

• suspension systems of K100RS4V and K1100RS are identical, from the engine downstream via gearbox to rear suspension.

Viele Grüße aus Stuttgart

Thomas (Mitglied seit 17.07.04)

Meine drei Ks

K1100(!)RS 4V, 1991, ABS/GKAT, VIN 0203481; K1100(!)RT mit Schepsky-SW, 1984, GKAT, VIN 0001475 (sagt nicht viel aus); K1100LT, ABS/GKAT, 1992, VIN 6457999

• Zitat von "thomasw"

suspension systems of K100RS4V and K1100RS are identical, from the engine downstream via gearbox to rear suspension.

Not true. K-1100's have a rebound damping adjustable shock from Showa. K-1's have a non adjustable rear shock from Bilstein that has a remote reservoir. K-100RS 16V bikes had a similar Bilstein rear shock but without the remote reservoir and different damping characteristics than the K-1 had.
    The K-1 and K-1100 have 2.75 to 1 final drives while that of the K-100RS 16V is 2.81 to 1 like the two valve K-RS's use. K-1100RT's have an 18 X 2.5 inch front wheel and a 17 X 3 inch rear wheel, while both the K-1 and K-100RS 16V used a 17 x 3 (or is it 17 X 2.5? not sure ) inch front wheel and 18 X 4.5 inch rear wheel.
    16 valve bikes get a Marzocchi bushing fork with rebound damping on one leg and compression damping on the other leg. All use the same 305 mm front rotors and 285 mm rear rotors and identical calipers. Frames for the 16V bikes are different than those of the older eight valve bikes, particularly the rear subframes. K-1 frames are unique.

What's fun is to update an old K-100/1 (official nomenclature for an eight valve bike) with paralever and modern wheels and brakes.

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!