Another Electrical fault

• This is from one of our ex member and has asked me to post this...so...PEZI..and Co. where are you.

When I got it back on the road, the RH indicator was not working....no power to the socket. (loose wire in housing I suspect) Then it was laid up again for 6 weeks while I sourced a less expensive battery which I found. Back on the road but indicators not working at all (Fuse OK and I cleaned all fuse connectors) and weeks later, the right indicator comes on when you press left button but does not stay on unless you hold the button down. All indicators come on when rH button is held down.
    I don't believe its the new battery, as the Amp/hr rating was slightly less than the original. 18 i/o 20, if I remember correctly.
    I suspect a bad connection to the indicator relay and will check that out. Any thoughts? Maybe a find on the Forum could pinpoint the cause.

This is from an old associate in South Africa and he has asked for a few pointers.

Any suggestions?

His email address is fijardine@gmail.com any answers here I will pass on.

Come on you Sparks experts.
    Ajays

• Hi Ajays,

tell your friend to remove the fuel tank and open the box with the central electrical unit. The lamp control unit is located right behind the fuse array (inside the box) and the turn indicator relay is the next in line, right behind the lamp control unit (viewing from the left side of the bike). Just clean the contacts and try again. If this doesn't help measure all cables from the switches to the relays. Good luck, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thomas

• The obvious answer would be that the indicator relay is faulty. When I got my K75 few years back the indicators behaved strangely, even started the hazard sometimes when gave a right turn signal. New indicator relay cured this.

• I would agree with TIV here. to get both lights on the relay needs to get a signal from both RH and LH switches or from the hazard light switch. Just to eliminate any possibilities of nastiness I would recommend to clean all contacts between switches and the relay (the switches themselves as well).

With best regards to Frank, hope he's doing well down south!

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• I'm leaning towards the carbon brushes in the starter. When mine wore out I had very similar problems.

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!