k75 running rich

• I did not have any experience with the K series until a friend of mine asked me to sort out his K75 that was running very rich. When you blip the throttle thick black smoke comes out of the exhaust, and if you open the throttle very fast it tends to stall. I have done some reading on the matter and checked the following

injector resistance OK
    cleaned injectors and checked injector spray and flow
    ground connection if injectors OK
    communication between injectors and jetronic OK
    TPS OK
    comm TPS-Jetronic OK
    balanced the throttle bodies bypass screws
    fuel pressure OK
    crankcase breather tube fixed (was torn)
    cleaned the air flow meter potentiometer and its ''door'' it seems to move freely
    Changed battery
    air filter OK

Nothing worked, i am back at the beginning. The thing is that as i have read the air flow meter and the Jetronic are considered to be bulletproof. So if they are not the source of the problem what else could it be? Unfortunately i dont have a second bike handy to check its Jetronic and MAF meter.

i would very much appreciate any help on this :confused:

• Please check the coolant temperature sensor! (#15)

Heinz
    "Technischer Fortschritt ist wie eine Axt in den Händen eines pathologischen Kriminellen."
    Albert Einstein

• forgot to mention it...

checked that too

by the way that sensor could cause problem only when the motor is hot. In my case the bike runs rich when cold or hot also

• Hi.
    Check for intake air leaks between flow sensor and engine intake ports.
    Is it possible to see aif flow meter "door" while engine running? Does it move when throttle operated?

I'm afraid that you need another healthy bike to swap parts (Jetronic, MAF, etc) :cry:

• Air leaks between flow sonsor and motor block will not enrich mixture. Due to underpressure leaks will allow air to enter the system, making the mixture lean.
    False "cold" signals from the coolant temperature sensor will enrich the mixture.
    Measure resistance of complete signal path of temperature sensor and provide resistance value and temperature.
    There's a table with temperature / resistance pairs somewhere in the "technics" section.

Best regards,
    Klaus

...das Leben ist zu kurz für schlechte Routen...

• Klaus, you are right

Zitat

Air leaks between flow sonsor and motor block will not enrich mixture. Due to underpressure leaks will allow air to enter the system, making the mixture lean.

But anyway it can lead to misfiring or abnormal fuel preparation. I think that this must be checked also, just in case :idea:

• Dieses Thema enthält 7 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!