rear brake

• Can anyone tell me why when you put the rear drive back together and put the brake caliper back on,that you are supposed to have marked it for the ABS and what does it mean if I did not mark it on removal,thanks

• Hi there, I have removed the final drive a couple of times, and the rear caliper many more and never marked anything, were did you learn that?.
    Perhaps we are missing something, lets see wath does the group says.
    Best regards
    JAP
    1988 K100 RS ABS

• I don'tg think you need to mark it, doesn't compute with me. What is important is to ensure the sensor has the correct distance from the serrations so it picks up properly.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Thanks ,just when you read it from the manual it says make sure you mark the caliper before and replacing,it never made sense to me,it could be just one of those things they throw out there to confuse us,but it is in black and white under Drive removal,page 33.5 and 33.18

• It might be that when you put them back in you put the right one back at the right and the left on the left, just in case there is one-sided wear. I would think you would replace the blocks when you take them out.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Guys,
    is it not simply that for an easy re-build you scribe a mark on the abs set up and the rear caliper so that when you re-fit them they are in the same position of alignment , as they where before removal, just as a point of reference, in case you put the rear brake together and it doesn't perform for some reason as it did before stripping it down.

Cheers

JBW

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!