It´s alive!

• After a massive overhaul I pushed the starter on my K75RT around 23.00 last night. It fired up immediately and ran like a clock. Wow! :thumbup:

Electrics, dashboard functions and lights are working perfectly with one exception.

The main beam high and low, and the main light at the rear isn´t working. However, the high beam comes on if I push the high beam dip switch, and the blue high beam light at the dashboard comes on with it. Seems to rule out the bulb.

One other problem is the rear brake. I took the ABS off the bike so the brakes are simple to connect. I took the rear brake master cylinder apart and cleaned it thoroughly, all linings are new and the brake caliper overhauled with new rubbers and pads. However I´m having hell of a time to make the rear brake work! I have pumped one liter of new brake fluid through the system and it seems that I can´t get rid of air and the brake does not work at all.

When these issues have been solved, the fairing will be put back on. Before that happenes I´m going to take a lot of good pictures. :D

• Zitat von "TIV"

with one exception.

LOL Throstur:

1a) check fuse #2
    1b) reconnect/clean right handlebar switch

2) let her bleed/bubble out with open rear vent over night!

Just my 2 cents, Pezi

• .. problems caused by vulcanic eruptions and dusty athmosphere :D ?

May be it would help to take off the caliper, move it around to wake up the bubbles and fix it overnight much higher on the upper frame. The air inside may rise up and like Pezi wrote leave the vent open just one night. Be careful with protection of the cycle parts from brakingliquids.

Hugh.

• Hey Pezi, why the right handlebar switch? The lighting switch is on the left handlebar if I remember it correctly.

• Tiv, Pezi may be thinking you have the "euro" switch assy on the right side that has the headlamp on/off switch?

The reason I say "euro" is that switch assy was never a production option for the U.S. versions, as our headlamps are required on at all times.

• You are probably right Scott. In Iceland we have had the "lights on at all times" law for a long time.

The ignition switch has 3 positions. OFF, POS1 and POS2. On POS1 you get only the parking lights, on POS2 you get full lights on. There is no ON/OFF switch for the lights, only the left handlebar 3 position switch that switches between the low beam and high beam, and is also a dipswitch the high beam.

• Dieses Thema enthält 13 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!