castrol optimol white paste t for splines lubrication

• received my NEW drive shaft today. it was not cheap but hopefully it will be worth it.
    now the question is -

can i use castrol optimol paste for splines?
    i got it from motobins and they recommend and sell only this paste for spline lubrication purpose.
    anyone has any experience with this matter?

• Matt,
    I have used it Optimal white paste on the clutch splines. but I have only used Honda Moly on the drive shaft, Webberle and Michael swear by STABURAGS !!

Cheers

JBW

• Zitat von "matt"

received my NEW drive shaft today. it was not cheap but hopefully it will be worth it.
    now the question is -

can i use castrol optimol paste for splines?
    i got it from motobins and they recommend and sell only this paste for spline lubrication purpose.
    anyone has any experience with this matter?

Matt, Motobins recommend Castrol Optimol because they also sell new drive shafts! :lollol::lollol:
    Seriously though, stick to the proven stuff and use Staburags. Info ex Webberle Ciao, OoB

• :cool:

Interesting thread, as a new BMW rider I have not come across this BMW grease I have used Honda moly 60 and Rocal moly on previous shaft drive's, the main criteria is a high moly compound at least 50%
    I have heard of people using moly grease, but standard moly grease is only about 3% moly and just gets flung off, so guys this BMW grease how often do you need to go before re-greasing is this a service oriantated job

• I asked the question at BMW in Bishopbriggs, trying to buy the right grease of them, but they said they just use a kind of aluminium paste (??). Got a bit of them, but it doesn't look like Staburags or Optimol. Could there be different requirements for different types of final drive shafts? I came away quite confused after reading the comments on most forums re Staburags/Honda Moly60 and mixes thereoff. Or do BMW use different greases in different locations? Staburags for Europe, alu paste for UK and again something different for the US? Interesting! Does anybody know an address for Staburags in the UK?

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!