1996 K1100RS - Battery Ground?

• 1996 K1100RS - Battery Ground?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone remember the original spot where the battery made its ground?

My ground is on the batteryABS tray and it seems like a lot of potential for high resistance build up having to go through four contacts for the tray and then four more contacts for the cross brace underneath the tray.

Well I tried to make a .PDF of the IPC but I wasn't successful to show what I am posting about.

There are a total of nine contact points before the ground gets to the frame and/or engine.

On prior threads I am fighting a charging problem and while the generator is getting looked at I decide to look at my grounds to see how healthy they were. Where my battery ground was connected was a little corroded but I don't think bad enough to give me this problem.

BTW, first time on the new site. Very nice. Good job Peter.

• Don't know if its the same as with the K100, but there's the lug underneath the tank and there's the bolt on the intermediate flange between the engine and the gearbox, on the left side. That's where my battery grounds.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• I just tried going to left side of the transmission and my cable isn't long enough. I am beginning to wonder if this is the original cable. I can make it to the engine/transmission on the right side just aft of the alternator. Not sure about that because the alternator is in the shop and I don't know if the ground would get in the way of installing the alternator.

• Zitat von "Moondog"

I just tried going to left side of the transmission and my cable isn't long enough. I am beginning to wonder if this is the original cable. I can make it to the engine/transmission on the right side just aft of the alternator. Not sure about that because the alternator is in the shop and I don't know if the ground would get in the way of installing the alternator.

On my early K-100RS the battery ground wire connect directly to the transmission case on the left side of the bike, where there is a threaded boss for it to be attached to. If the start relay ever sticks, you can undo the 5 mm allen head screw and remove the ground quickly, before you weld too many things up :o Don't ask me how I know this, LOL.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!