Tail lights keep blowing fuse

• Ive been unable to track down the reason my tail light fuse keeps blowing. I have looked though the taillight assembly to make sure no contacts are exposed, but the fuse still blows, sometimes immediately, and sometimes within a few minutes of starting the bike.

The turn signals and brake lights are working properly. The problem started randomly it seems, i have not done anything to the bike recently so I don't even know where to start.

Does anyone know what the most efficient way to track down this gremlin? I do have a multimeter but I don't really know where to begin. Any information or suggestions are thoroughly appreciated. Thanks!

87 K100RS

• Wally, behind the rear light is a connector, that's the only one between the lights and the relay box IIRC. I would have a good look there. Measure resistance to ground on each lead as it seems you have a short. Worn through insulation somewhere?

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!