K75 Engine squeak on idle when hot

• My K75 has 134 000 on the clock. Last winter i repaired waterpump, replacing all the seals and drive shaft. Only after 1700 kms the engine started squeaking on idle. The squeak is only heard on idle when engine is hot. With cold engine and/or higher rews there is no squeak. Video below is not mine, but the squeak is equal. As far as I know, the timing chain and sliders has been replaced at 78 000 kms, but of course I cannot be sure about the present 134 000 kms, there has been two owners in between. Any ideas? Waterpump again? Timing chain sliders?

[media]https://youtu.be/xgPD0l8-LLU[/media]

• Hi Marek,

for me it sounds more like an defect (dry) bearing, maybe the generator. You can take a long Scewdriver and press
    it with the "bladeend" to the checking area, the shaft of the scewdriver on the ear. An easy methode to locate the
    squeaking sound or rubbing bearings.

-> description of using the scewdrifer in this Video - go to -> 8:00min - I would take a longer one and be carefull

Hope that helps a little

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMKEFlFanGQ[/media]

Hope that helps a little

"Es war mir immer ein unerträglicher Gedanke, es könne jemand bei der Prüfung eines meiner Erzeugnisse nachweisen, dass ich irgendwie Minderwertiges leiste. Deshalb habe ich stets versucht, nur Arbeit hinauszugeben, die jeder sachlichen Prüfung standhielt, also sozusagen vom Besten das Beste war." (Robert Bosch, 1918)

• If this part is defect we got a very good guy here who is able to overhaul this part for an fair price.
    In that case you should contact " derbonner " via PN.
    He did mine and many other before - very good job !

Have a nice day !

Greetings from the knight from the swabian Highlands ^^

"Es war mir immer ein unerträglicher Gedanke, es könne jemand bei der Prüfung eines meiner Erzeugnisse nachweisen, dass ich irgendwie Minderwertiges leiste. Deshalb habe ich stets versucht, nur Arbeit hinauszugeben, die jeder sachlichen Prüfung standhielt, also sozusagen vom Besten das Beste war." (Robert Bosch, 1918)

• I unassembled the water-/oil pump. I cannot found a clear reason for the squeaking sound. Pump does not leak, neither oil or coolant. Both seels look fine. Impeller was still a bit stiff to turn by hand. Some marks can be seen on impeller shaft gearing and oilpump case. I would doubt for some othe part to be broken, if the squeaking sound wouldn't so clearly come from water pump cover.

When I listened with a stetoscope with metal pick, the highest sound came from water pump cover, next highest from water pump case. From Timing chain cover or motor block the squeak was hardly hearable.

• for my opinion the shaft looks no to good also the guidehole in picture #2. It should turn smooth an with only a little use of power.
    Like I said - if you want to go sure send the Water / Oil Pump to " derbonner " - he is the expert and did a great job for a very fair price.
    You can be sure that the pump will be in mint condition when you get it back.

so long

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!