How much oil with WP progressive springs - how to measure?

• Hi team, need your help. I have fitted new WP progressive springs, but am wondering if I did it right :oops:

The instruction seems applicable to completely disassembled fork legs, whilst I did mine on the bike.

I lifted the front up and took the old springs out with the spacer bush and fitted the new springs. I then filled up the fork until the free space was in accordance with the instructions (170 mm), but upon completion of re-assembly the fork feels like concrete pillars. I'm now wondering if I should have filled and measured the free space whilst the bike was standing on the front legs (ie not lifted and the fork in as low a position as possible).

Anyway; anybody done this before and how did you measure?? Thanks!!!

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Ok, without the springs you took the fork maximum inside, then fill with the oil to the 170 mm air level. Then took the fork maximum outside and complete it with the new springs and the cover. That´s it ...
    Greetings from S.A. from Andreas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!