Vaporising fuel lines

• Hi every-one.
    I have a BMWK100RS 88 model.
    Lately on hot days the engine stops , due to lack of fuel Found out after several minutes to cool the fuel hose & injector rail , we go on till over-heats again.
    How can I solve the problem or introduce more cool air into that area.
    Help thnx.
    KK!!! :ugeek:

• Zitat von "Killer Koala"

Yes it has the insulation on the underside of tank but not on fuel rail.

I had the same problem many years ago on my '84 RS. There is no need to insulate the fuel rail. What you more than likely have is a fuel line in direct contact with the top left radiator hose. Shorten the fuel line or relocate it so it does not touch anything hot and your problem is solved.
    If you are determined to insulate anything, my choice (what I did till I discovered it was unnecessary) was to buy the smallest of the three under tank insulation pads, and cut it to a size that will wrap around the front fuel hose, closest to the top left radiator hose, place this around the hose and zip tie it so it does not fall off later on.

• Part of the 'heat' modifications (no, sorry, not Beyonce) was the fitting of a piece of armaflex tube insulation around the pressure line from the fuel tank. Regretfully no longer available from BMW. I recently used a bit to insulate the pressure line from the tank as well as the bit of the returnline in front of the insulation 'bulkhead' (the bit that makes lifting the airbox for filter renewal such a pain!!), particilarly where it comes through the frame and could touch the radiator hose.

Because the fuel is pumped round over the fuel pressure regulator, if it heats up somewhere it'll warm all of it in the tank as well.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• :evil: Thanks on the info about the front fuel line.
    Noticed it rested against radiator hose.
    Being in Air-con work will use aero-flex on both lines.
    Enjoy the day
    KK!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!