Ignition block problem

• Hi I hope someone can help me out, I have a K100rs 16v '91 bike, and the other day, when I put it on the stand or take a right corner the bike stops, and then restarts again. After messing around with the wiring under the ignition block, I found the problem, it looks like the bottom part of were you put the key in is broken, and shorts when you turn the handlebars, the white plastic bit where the wires go in to be precise.

I have found a few ignition blocks complete with keys on the internet, but, I noticed that to get the key block out, there are 2 bolts that I haven't a clue how to get off.

Hope someone can help me, because, my BMW mechanic has asked for an arm and a leg to change the ignition block with a new one ....... :? :?

• Zitat von "stray69"

I have found a few ignition blocks complete with keys on the internet, but, I noticed that to get the key block out, there are 2 bolts that I haven't a clue how to get off.

Hi
    afaik - but without VIN - difficult:

see single parts here

1. the magic screws are a kind of anti-theft protection device : take a good el.drill & start to bore out the screw head

2. usually just the pos 3 ( e-part) has to be checked - cleaned or changed

3. but usually pos no 19 .... well will drive you mad

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Thanks for your reply, I thought I would have to use the drill :roll:

I'll have to see if I can find the VIN, could come in useful. So, looking at the link you put in, I could only change pos. 3, if I can
    find one at a good price, because, I'm not sure about getting an old one, could give me problems in the future ....... :question:

I'll go get some bolts in the mean time.....

• dismount the ignition block, try to fight the little m3 screw an if that´s done:

ask your BMW dealer for a new one switch (pos 3 )....
    but pls check the part no according to you VIN
    and exchange the fu... safty screws with normal m8 socket head screws

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!