clutch balance mark woes...

• So - a problem, i pulled a major brain fart, when i pulled the clutch apart on my 1987 k75s i noted that it had markings and i set the pieces aside confident that i would be able to re-align them 120° apart upon reassembly.

But other things soon took precedence and it has been several months now since i took it apart.

The problem is that i no longer remember if the marks indicated where the clutch is supposed to line up of whether they should be 120° apart.

To clarify - i know the balance marks are supposed to be 120° apart but these are simply white-out marks - not factory stamps or anything - so it's entirely possible that the last guy who was in there simply marked a place where the plates matched up - and now that i'm reinstalling i could be screwing up putting them 120° apart.

Not sure what to do.
    Advice?

Thanks,
    B

• Hi there, as Rene said the factory marks are paint marks, put them 120° apart, to keep the balance.
    Best regards
    JAP

• Hi bobthebob,
    Sorry, no can help! Did the same the first time I had it apart and picked up vibration. :o Second time, I marked with a cokey pen but somewhere along the line, cleaned the components with a solvent soaked rag and wiped the marks off. :roll: Sooo, guess work again...still had vibration. :mad: Third time rorated everything slightly and have lived with vibration up to 100kph ever since. :cry: Didn't know about white marks at the time. Would be really interested to know if spacing them 120 degrees is the answer. :question: Ciao, OoB.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!